Have you ever stopped to think of all the things you’d miss if you went off grid, and had none of your typical home comforts? Eeek! As someone who treasures all the little luxuries in life, this got me thinking what I’d want/need most.
Even going camping, when Gary and I go to festivals and things; I find it really hard to not bring all the non essentials! I was thinking about all things when browsing the gas cylinders from Flogas* – who challenged me to list the things I’d miss most when going ‘off grid’. Okay obviously heat is right up there, and the gas cylinders would be essential then!
So here are the other 10 home comforts I would miss most! –
1. My bed – FOR SURE. Sleeping bags and pop up beds can be great these days, but is there anything like your own duvet?
2. Coffee – OMG I’m not even sure how I’d cope without it to be honest. EEK.
3. Makeup. I know, it’s nowhere near important or useful but DAMMIT I LOVE MY EYESHADOWS. Plus I think I’d feel more fierce in the wild with a red lip, y’know??
4. My phone. I can’t imagine me going anywhere without it, but I mean, how would I charge it? Oh god… How would I Instagram?!
5. Hot showers/baths. – I felt ROUGH AF after Leeds festival, so god only knows how I’d do in the wild.
6. Music – I can’t see music being high on the essentials list, and I would be in a right mood after a few days of no Eminem tbh.
7. Reading – Same again, and how I’d miss being able to escape into fictional worlds!
8. Luna! – My baby. Can she come in my backpack d’ya think?
9. Chocolate – Obv.
10. Being creative – Being without pens, paper, paints, crafts in general would kill my soul a little bit.
Flogas also have a video about the #IWouldMiss campaign
What about you guys? What would you miss? And do you think you’d be any good off grid? I’d be useless!
*Any items sent for review are written about 100% honestly and in my own words. Sometimes sponsored content and collaborations with brands will appear on this blog, and will always be marked as such with *. Affiliates links are used throughout this blog. Please see my disclaimer for more info.