In two weeks, the big move from Liverpool to Plymouth will finally be happening for us; and I for one can’t wait! There are a million different things to still do, and of course I have worries and it’s a little bit scary moving somewhere so far away; however I’m still absolutely over the moon and totally excited! Right now our flat is being packed up into boxes and bags, and we’re throwing away anything we don’t want or need anymore, which is kinda therapeutic actually. I thoroughly recommend you all have a good home clear out if you want to feel totally zen and organised. It’s doing wonders for me.
Anyway, today I thought I’d chat a little not about the things we’re giving up or getting rid of; but the things we have to gain in our new home. The most noticeable change for us is definitely going to be having a garden, YAY! I have loved this flat, and it’s served us well for the past two years, but damn not having outside space has been a real buzzkill. No barbecues in Summer, not being able to hang out washing on sunny days, so reading in the sunshine (unless we wanted to treck to the closest park, which wasn’t close at all!). So to know that in two weeks (and just in time for Spring and Summer!) we will have our own outside space to enjoy, is really wonderful.
With that in mind, I’ve put together a little wishlist/inspiration guide for all the things I think will make a garden really special. I hope you guys enjoy!
1. I spotted this large garden storage box on the new garden section of Fishpools* website; and instantly added it to my wishlist. I love the idea of having a great big storage box outside for cushions, throws and blankets when needed on long Summer nights! Perfect for keeping things nice and safe and close by.
2. These chunky festoon lights from Pretty Maison are just gorgeous! I definitely want these bad boys hanging across a nice sitting space in the garden for a relaxed Summer evening atmosphere.
3. How adorable is this little fallen fruits teapot feeder from Fruugo?! I seen it and knew I had to have it. We can fill it with bird feed, hang it from a tree and watch all the birds pecking away from this little cutie.
4. I seen this image on Pinterest and was filled with inspiration! There are a few little steps n our new garden, leading to the back gate; and how better to make the space really POP, than paint each step a different colour! It adds instant personality to any space.
5. How could I not include cushions somewhere? Whether inside or out, I want a load of ’em! In different colours, patterns and sizes; they make anywhere seem homey and happy. I also fancy adding loads of planters everywhere, not just growing plants in the ground. That way we can move them about as we please 🙂
6. Speaking of planters; I keep seeing gorgeous shelving units that I’m dying to use outside! I imagine filling each shelf with different pots of plants and flowers, and creating a really pretty unit that I can move around. I especially love the idea of those ladder type shelving units, with different colour pots inside!
7. And finally, the biggie. I seen this Hawaii 5 piece Rattan garden set and bookmarked it straight away. What a perfect seating set for any garden, to create a truly inviting space outside. Whether you’re entertaining guests or just want a cosy space to read in the sunshine, this set gives everything you could need and more.
How about you guys, have you got any tips or inspiration for me?! 🙂
Keep an eye out for future home/garden posts once we move!