I really believe that exploring your creative side is so important to your happiness, and it can be a great way to try new things. I get a lot of questions asking about how I stay inspired, and there are so many answers to that it’s hard to know where to start.
I do know however, that the single most important thing when trying to be creative, is to simply START. This is the hardest part, as we let fear or lack of confidence hold us back so much. But simply getting started can unlock new skills, talents and hobbies we never considered before.
So, want to get started today on something? I have 15 ways you can.
1. Read a book.
2. Watch artists on Youtube/Instagram stories.
3. Start a DIY project.
4. Read poetry.
5. Listen to Classical music (lots of studies have shown it helps creativity!).
6. Start a scrapbook to store your photos, ticket stubs, letters, etc.
7. Challenge yourself to a really creative makeup look.
8. Browse through comics and graphic novels.
9. Follow artists on Instagram/Bloglovin/Twitter/etc.
10. Go for a walk and take photographs of your local town/city.
11. Learn to sew/knit/crochet.
12. Browse Pinterest for decor ideas and plan your own room/home decor.
13. Try some fun nail art.
14. Practise collage Art.
15. Illustrate your favourite movie/song/poem.
Feel free to leave your own ideas in the comments! 🙂
*Any items sent for review are written about 100% honestly and in my own words. Sometimes sponsored content and collaborations with brands will appear on this blog, and will always be marked as such with *. Affiliates links are used throughout this blog. Please see my disclaimer for more info.