Whatever being a girl means to you, there’s no denying it has it’s ups and downs being female in this world today. Sure all the Beyonce’s and Taylor Swifts in this world can make us feel fierce and all full of that girl power thing; but every now and again it’s just pretty shit.
Here’s some things that suck (for me), being a lady (lol, lady…)
Okay, let’s get the obvious one out of the way quick shall we? Bleeding for a week every month sucks, and there’s not much to make up for that. Sure we can inhale all the chocolate we can get our hands on, and appreciate the miracle of nature (hmmff..), but it’s basically hell being a girl during that week. Getting your period is something to be grateful for, and I’m sure many of us have had a sigh of relief when it’s come at one time or another (ahem), but it’s like winning the worlds shittest lottery isn’t it? And don’t even get me started on the tampon tax…
Oh god. Where to start? Going to get fitted is a modern form of torture, and if you’re anything bigger than a B cup then you better accept it’s hard to find any nice bras that offer support AND a pretty style. Not impossible mind; I recently tried out some pieces from Bras and Honey (as shown above) and I found they had a beautiful choice of pieces that offer some fab support too. You know when you wear a bra so beautiful you kinda just wanna show it off?? Yeah. That. Oh, and it didn’t leave me aching and raging to take it off at the end of the day, which is a RARE and special kind of bra that one should never take for granted.
I’m 100% encouraging of people embracing femininity in any way they choose, but we can’t deny there are huge expectations to be/act a certain way when you’re female. This can range from physical things like the expectation to shave body hair, or other things like pressure to be more ‘ladylike’ or into ‘girly’ things. We could be here all day basically, naming one thing after the other that puts pressure on females to be a certain way, and it sucks.
It’s not all doom and gloom mind you. There are some perks and upsides to being a woman, believe it or not. Some of my personal favourite are…
1. Having closer relationships with friends. This obviously doesn’t mean that no men can ever be as close as women. It;s just in general its been proven that women are much more likely to be more open and communicative with friends, forming stronger bonds. YAS for girl talk.
2. Self expression. Women are much more likely to express themselves, and (unfortunately for men) are definitely encouraged to do so. Whether it’s through fashion, beauty or just day to day life; we can express who we are in so many ways, which is awesome!
3. Life expectancy. We are legit more likely to live longer than men. Even after bleeding once a month for most of our life. We are fucking brilliant aren’t we?
4. Multiple orgasms. Nuff said.
5. Multitasking. As someone who lives with a male I can honestly say this one is really, really, reaaaally true. Not slagging you off or anything Gary babe love you. (But he can’t multitask for shit).
What are your fave and worst things about being a girl? (I realise you might not be, but like 99.9% of my readers are. If you’re male, tell me your side!)
*Post in collaboration with Bras and Honey. Who are basically super awesome.
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! 🙂
*Any items sent for review are written about 100% honestly and in my own words. Sometimes collaborative content and partnerships with brands will appear on this blog. Affiliates links are used throughout this blog.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.