Sometimes inspiration comes in great, big waves and it’s absolutely awesome! I can barely keep up with all the ideas I have, and my only problem is getting enough sleep.
But there are those dreaded times when the ideas dry up, the motivation lacks, and you start to wonder if you’ll ever be inspired again. With this in mind, I started to take notes when I was feeling inspired, on what had got me there. I started to notice certain things always put me in the right frame of mind, and I thought I’d share these with you guys. Hopefully they’ll help you too, or at least remind you to make notes of your own!
Some of these things are quite random, but they never fail to light a fire inside me so I’ve included them anyway.
1. The Echelon Effect – ‘With A Warmth Inside, I Walk Into The Dark’.
2. Lying in the dark, listening to the rain hitting the window, doing nothing but thinking.
3. Getting lost in a good book.
4. Laurence Philomene.
5. Public transport, especially if listening to music and people watching.
6. ‘Dirty Blonde’ – The Diaries of Courtney Love
7. Old photographs – They don’t even have to be mine! In fact, random ones are even better.
8. Live music gigs, and being in the middle of a pulsing crowd.
9. Going on walks alone.
10. Sadness. Not ideal, but sad times force me to produce content and try to express it as well as possible.
In fact, one of the things on this list has inspired me so much that I have an upcoming project planned because of it. I can’t wait to show you guys!
Let me know if you like this sort of blog post sharing my inspirations, and I may do more in the future! 🙂