Valentines is just peeping around the corner, and this will no doubt bring joy for some, and annoyance from others as always. I’m one of those in the first camp, I absolutely love it! Now before some of you think it, I know it’s been commercialised to hell and back, and I know you shouldn’t need a day to remind you to treat your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/partner extra special. I 100% agree with you on that, and there’s nothing more sad than a couple who don’t make an effort all year around, and then suddenly feel they have to go out to buy flowers and gifts etc.
But here’s the thing; I’m lucky enough to be in a loving relationship where we do show affection all year around. And I’m not saying this to brag, because I just believe it’s how it should be. I’ve also been single on Valentines day, and still enjoyed it a hell of a lot. The point is to make the most of it in the best way possible. And isn’t that a good life lesson anyway? Find happiness in everything! It doesn’t really matter how you do it, just don’t moan about it, and see it as an excuse to be even nicer to yourself, or someone else!
So, I decided to jot down some ideas of things you can do to make the most of Valentines this year whether single, loved up, or… in-between?
– Pick the bestest, feel good movies and have a marathon surrounded by blankets, cushions and plenty of yummy snacks. Invite a friend, or enjoy it alone! And I mean that, enjoy it.
– Pack a picnic and surprise someone with a spontaneous day!
– Write a list of reasons why you care for someone on notes, fold them up and put them in a jar. Leave the jar somewhere they will find them.
– Send an anonymous Valentine to someone who needs an extra smile 🙂
– Cook a meal from scratch, light some candles, and enjoy making your other half feel special.
-Write cute post it notes and stick them in random places around the house for someone to find.
-Run yourself a gorgeous bath, using candles and bath bombs. Extra points for music playing.
-Offer to do 3 good deeds for the day. You’ll make someone else feel good!
Vow to do something you’ve always wanted to do! Treat yourself!
Remember that loving yourself is just as important as loving someone else.
*Any items sent for review are written about 100% honestly and in my own words. Sometimes collaborative content and partnerships with brands will appear on this blog. Affiliates links are used throughout this blog.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.