15 CREATIVE THINGS ANYONE CAN DO –
1. Paint. I don’t care if you’ve never picked up a brush in your life; do it! Swish some watercolours about, use them as pretty backgrounds for pictures, make a super organised colour swatching page to inspire you (and possibly consider a new colour scheme for your blog!)
2. Make an inspiration book. Collect pretty images in magazines, scraps of paper, cute wrapping paper, anything you can stick into a journal. Starting in such a simple way, creating pages of imagery you just like, will bring new ideas to you every time you come back to it and will make a really pretty journal.
3. Paint your nails. Really go for it, don’t stick with the normal splash of colour quickly slapped onto your nails (just me?!). Check out some amazing ideas from Pinterest like these, and make something super pretty. Get creative with it; add glitter, stickers, spell out words, whatever. Make a statement!
4. Sew something inspirational into a shirt. Yep, anyone could do this one! Use this an an example. Just pencil in what you’d like to write first, then get sewing! Think of all the awesome song lyrics you could use…
5. Repaint something at home. This could be a big DIY project like painting an old table with a pop of colour, or simply making a serving tray a little prettier.
6. Make a card. Everyone loves a handmade card! There is nothing cuter, or more heartfelt than someone putting a bit of effort in. Especially if it’s for no reason, other than to make someone smile 🙂
7. Create a collage. Super easy! Whether you use old photographs, images from magazines or just ripped up pieces of pretty paper 🙂
8. Take photographs. I know a lot of my audience is made up of bloggers, and you photograph a lot anyway. But let’s get creative with it! Take photos every hour of your day, and show how your whole day went. Or go somewhere special, somewhere local, and take as many photos as possible. Maybe even ask someone to sit for you?
9. Writing. This this I’m doing right now? This counts. Grab a pen and paper (ooh, oldschool!) and write down your favourite memories, the start of a short story, or even a poem. Don’t worry about the outcome, just have fun with it.
10. Customise. Whether it’s your clothes, your notebooks, your bag or your mirror; get customising!
11. Sculpt. Okay, this doesn’t have to be as daunting as it might sound! I’ve used clay before to make jewellery on this very old post, and it’s so much fun!
12. Collect things. I know someone who collects pretty flowers and presses them into a scrapbook with notes/photographs from where she picked them, and it’s such an awesome idea! But the simple act of collecting anything can be quite creative if you share or display it in some fun way.
13. Get crafty with crochet. I’ve never learned to crochet myself, but it looks amazing! I’m especially impressed with the creations from Crissy – she is so talented!
14. Make a dream catcher. Not just for the boho types! Make something super pretty to display above your bed and it’ll remind you how super creative and awesome you are! 🙂
15. Learn to play an instrument. Whether the piano, drums or the guitar are something you’ve always wanted to learn but never bothered, do it now! There’s no time like the present.
I hope you all feel a little inspired, let me know if you take up any of these projects! 🙂
*Any items sent for review are written about 100% honestly and in my own words. Sometimes collaborative content and partnerships with brands will appear on this blog. Affiliates links are used throughout this blog.