So here are ten things you might not have known about this blog, or my blogging routine.
1. I take most of my photographs at night. Ever since I got new lights, I’ve enjoyed the freedom of taking photos at any time of day, so 2am photo taking seshes are normal for me.
2. I try to break up my content. There might be times when I have 20 ideas for great beauty posts, for example. But I try break this up between lifestyle/craft/other posts so there’s a nice flow of content here on my blog.
3. I try to keep ahead of posts by at least a week – but that doesn’t always happen. Sometimes blog posts are written the night before, sometimes two weeks before they go live. You never can tell really, and I don’t stress about it.
4. I bulk take photos ‘in case’. Sometimes I’ll put together some generic photo props, particularly with a lifestyle, or beauty theme for future posts. That way I always have backup photographs I can use for last minute ideas, when I’m running short on time. Sometimes doing this gives me ideas for posts too!
5. I kind of pressure myself to have at least 4 posts a week. I don’t know why, it makes no difference, and I know I shouldn’t. But I do. My ideal schedule is a post every single day. But usually I manage 5 or 6 a week.
6. This one is more to do with the blogging community – but I’m basically worried everyone hates me. Like, yeah.. ok I have blogging friends. And people are generally nice to me. But there are a few I KNOW who dislike me, as you’ll always get in life, and that’s fine! But I tend to panic that SO many people really dislike me. I don’t act like it, because I try focus on the positives. But yeah… I’m terrified everyone slags me off and I’m the loser of the blogging world.
7. The reason I called my blog Dorkface is because I feel like a dork. Not just y’know the ‘cute’ idea of dork.. but like an actual loser. I constantly feel like an outcast, never one of the cool kids. So I decided to be honest about that when naming my blog. I don’t regret it, I love it, it’s me.
8. I never know how to start posts. It’s always awkward, forgive me. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if after reading that you went back up and checked how I started this one, LOL.
9. Spreadsheets are LIFE. I basically use this type of layout with spreadsheets to keep track of blog posts. The only change these days is I use pastel colours in spreadsheets to look prettier, haha.
10. I don’t study Google Analytics. I know it’s a good idea, and I know it’s the ‘done thing’; but I really just can’t be bothered. I think the last time I logged into it was about 2 weeks ago, and I usually check it like once or twice a month. Not that I’m saying it’s wrong if you check it everyday; that’s cool, and you’ll definitely be learning more than I am. But I like that I don’t obsess over numbers.
What things might we not know about your blog/routine?
*Any items sent for review are written about 100% honestly and in my own words. Sometimes collaborative content and partnerships with brands will appear on this blog. Affiliates links are used throughout this blog.