Putting together a single blog post can be quite time consuming, especially with all the extra work that has to go into it to really make it work. Obviously the words and images are the backbone here and the only things that should matter, but taking the extra time to fix up a few other details can make a huge difference to your audience and stats.
Today I’ve put together a free checklist for you guys to use when producing blog posts. This is my own personal list I use, which means it’s simply what I find works best for me. You are welcome to just refer to the list below, or there’s a handy download for a free printable at the end of this post. I hope it helps!
– Size accordingly
– Saved with a relevant name (eg. ‘MAC Lipstick Ruby Woo’ rather than ‘IMG8393’)
– Add alt tags
– Spell check
– Read aloud at least once
– Paragraphed to break up large chunks of text
– Question or final statement at the end of post to prompt comments
– Relevant keywords for SEO
– Link to another post of yours
– Signature (with links?)
– Attention grabbing title
– Labelled blog post (eg. ‘Beauty’, ‘MAC’, ‘Lipstick’)
– Mark the post as sponsored if needed
– Add ‘Read more’ link to break up a large post
– Edit the URL to something short/relevant
– Pin your images to a related Pinterest board
– Share on Facebook, introducing the post (with images and link)
– Schedule regular tweets (with images, hashtags, retweet accounts, tag brand and link)
– Share on Instagram (using hashtags and tagging the brand)
– Add page to Stumbleupon
– Share on Google+
– Add to any blog groups with promo threads
– Reply to any comments
– Record how well this post does (views, comments, shares etc)
– Refer back to it in a future related blog post
You can find the free printable here!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, or found this list useful in anyway. Please let me know anything you think I should add to this list, or if you’d like me to produce more printables in future?